Sunday, December 30, 2007

Time to sleep

Spent some time on my parents front steps tonight. Musing, wishing I had a cigarette, listening to the insects buzzing, and staring up into the darkened sky.

Felt the humidity on my exposed skin, every parched pore welcoming the moisture. Like a warm summer night, only better, this is the subtropics at its best.

I want to come to peace with things, it's not necessary maybe but I think it will make me a better person. I've learned a long time ago that I don't stick to resolutions so this is not a resolution so much as an affirmation of things I often forget.

For the new year, I will be a better person. I will forgive more easily, and I will do more things that scare me. I will not be jealous.

Often I will fail, hopefully sometimes I will succeed.

No comments: