Friday, September 28, 2007

Go Eagles!

So Everclear is playing on my lawn tomorrow.

Why, you might ask? I mean, besides Everclear's penchant for playing free concerts in random places... my friend saw them play in the parking lot of a 7Eleven.

Well, it's homecoming week at Emory. A week, I think we can all agree, that is definitely geared towards undergraduate.

And the field that Everclear is playing is also the front lawn for the freshmen undergraduate dorms, which make sense right? Undergraduate festivities should take place near undergrads right?

Except that Everclear's one big album, So Much for the Afterglow, came out in 1997.

When the average college freshman would have been 8 years old. They aren't exactly going to be nostalgic about Everclear for purely associative reasons; e.g., that song was playing on the radio the first time I got kissed/had sex/got drunk/got my license.

Which is fine, in theory, except that Everclear is pretty much the exact opposite of what comes to my mind when I think "timeless classic."

Nostalgia (and free) is about all they got going for them.

And before you ask, no I'm not going either.

1 comment:

Adam said...

If only the Eagles would show up and do a rendition of Desperado.