Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ivy League, Bitches!

So I got an e-mail this afternoon.

"The admissions committee was impressed by your application and would like you to visit us for an interview on Saturday, February 24, 2007. The interviews will last all day...The University of Pennsylvania will pay for transportation and hotel accommodations for both nights."


Oh my god, I'm going to Philadelphia! For free! In February! I feel like puking, but in a (very) good way.

I need a coat.

Incidentally, this is the second time in as many weeks that I have been invited to fly somewhere on someone else's dime. I'm going to Tampa, Florida in April for a virology conference. Hooray beaches and viruses!

8 comments:

edluv said...

wow, for free! that's nice.

Monticore said...

Mazel Tov. Incidentally I heard someone complaining today on the radio that Gentiles really "Jew-it-up" when they are talking to their Jewish frinds

auritus said...

Ed - Yes, free trips are awesome. It's like travel... but free.

Monti - that's hilarious. What I've always found funny is how people "Jew-it-up" with me even though I'm not a practicing Jew.

Monticore said...

Well I don't think Jewish Culture pertains only to practicing Jews. Me thinks you Blog is somewhat an ode to the art of Kvetching.

Adam said...

You're just Jewing it up now, Monti.

auritus said...

Ha! That cracked me up. I kind of want to change my tagline to "An Ode to the Art of Kvetching" now.

Anyway, as much as I would like to be one of the cool kids, I don't think I'm a big enough Jew. Although my maternal lingeage is Jewish, nobody has been Jewish in generations. Besides my last name and my swarthy complexion (joke!) there really isn't much Jew about me.

Luna said...

AWESOME. Thatta girl, E. :) Bring long underwear if you value your limbs!

auritus said...

Allison!

Dude!

I keep meaning to get in touch with you but I am, alas, criminally lazy. I guess I sort of assume you're going to sign onto AIM any minute now =P

I really want to know if you got the job.