Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I watch TV


















As I explained my friend over lunch today, it's not that I don't want to date anybody it's that I don't want to date anybody more than I want to go home and watch three episodes of Heroes in a row before heading to bed.

Yes it's true, I'm a little bit late to the party but I've been watching the first season of Heroes (starting last Sunday) and I'm totally hooked. I have to admit that in part, I wanted to watch it because of Spock 2.0 but now that he's come out of the shadows I don't care for him much. I think the problem I have with the character is that he's just too powerful. I suspect this may also become true of Peter Petrelli now that he's learning to control all the powers he's absorbed. I also didn't like when Jessica broke free and tased the shit out of her psychiatrist, because I think it would have been more interesting to see her struggle with the split personality thing a bit more instead of her just getting out of prison and killing more people with her superhuman strength.

But the character I care even less about than Spock 2.0 is Simone Deveaux. I wasn't even surprised when she got shot, just bored.

Also, can we talk about how grossed out I am by the long, lingering scenes with Peter Petrelli and Claire Bennet, knowing that they dated when she was "18" and he was in his 30s? Ew dudes, ew.

But guest appearance by George Takei and Stan Lee are winner, to be sure.

No comments: