Saturday, May 31, 2008

Open Letter

Dear writers and producers of House,

Jesus H., could you have made a more depressing season finale? I mean, seriously not to spoil it for people who haven't seen it yet (and should probably stop reading now) but damn.

Okay first of all, I'm glad I didn't get the chance to watch it when it originally aired since a sunny Saturday afternoon is pretty much the most cheerful time ever and it still bummed me out.

It's not enough that you had Amber die, no you had to wake her up so everybody could say their tearful good-byes. And the you had the man who loved her turn off the machine that was keeping her alive!

But even if we didn't have to watch Wilson and Amber spooning in bed together knowing Amber would be dead in a few hours.. all of the other characters got to have a shitty time also!

Kumar reveals that his parents were shot and killed in front of him when he was 6 years old. And 13 finally gets tested for Huntington's only to find out that, surprise! She's positive.

I can't believe you let House come out of his coma, but then I realized that it was only so that Wilson could turn his back on House for the partial responsibility of killing Amber. Right before Wilson goes home and finds the note the Amber left the night she got into the bus accident.

When it was all over I had to wander out onto my porch and just stare off into space for a while before I could function enough to make lunch.

Damn, that was harsh.

Peace,

EDS

4 comments:

timidvenus said...

yeah, i almost cried. wtf?

Adam said...

Hear hear! But still, I have to say it wasn't nearly as bad as the Tritter season.

auritus said...

You mean when Wilson left overdosed House in a pool of his own vomit? I never thought I'd say this but I think that was actually better than this implosion of suck.

Adam said...

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said "wasn't nearly as bad." I'll give you equally bad. The difference I feel with Tritter was that I had to put up with shitty episode after shitty episode whereas with this one, it's was terrible, but it was only once.