Saturday, February 03, 2007

Bring it on Philadelphia

I bought a coat for my rapidly approaching trip to Philadelphia.

I bought it on sale at a interesting and cramped little store on Haight. It is dark brown wool lined with yellow and green silk. The gold buttons are somewhat outside my comfort range but in a good way, I think. For my interview day I intend to pair this coat with navy blue pants and an ivory or cream long sleeved shirt.

In mildly more interesting news, the history channel is playing the original Planet of the Apes. To which I say: the fuck?

And then begin to hum songs from the musical Planet of the Apes.

8 comments:

edluv said...

will i play the piano?
well i couldn't before

Adam said...

Once again, I really like that coat. Great pick.

Unknown said...

If you're going to watch one, I think it's really important to watch the entire series of Planet of the Apes.

My personal fave is Beneath the Planet of the Apes, in which an underground civilization of humans worship a mostly-spent atomic weapon. "I reveal my inmost self to my god," they chant, and remove their ceremonial masks to reveal their decaying faces. Awesome.

Monticore said...

I like the coat. The gold buttons give it a military feel

auritus said...

Ed - I don't get it.

Adam - Thanks =)

Jay - Actually I've seen every Planet of the Apes at least once. And the new Tim Burton version as well. I'm a bit of a fan.

Monti - Thanks I'm glad it has the Monti seal of approval.

edluv said...

that's one of the lines that troy mclure delivers to dr. zaius

auritus said...

Wow Ed, that's like the least memorable line in the musical. Quite a memory you got.

I always go for the "he can talk? He can talk! He can talk! He can talk! I can siiiiiing"

Or the "I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzeeeeee. No you'll never make a money out of meeee"

And of course "oh my god! I was wrong! It was earth! All along! You've finally made a monkey out of meeeeeeeee."

edluv said...

i love the dr. zaius song, cracks me up every time. and, that idea that piano is the standard questoin.